• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone with a fear of the dentist, dental phobia, or specific dental fears.

It's a supportive space to talk to people with similar experiences, and get advice and information.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Can you use back teeth to replace front ones?

A

AlwaysAnxious

Ok this is weird I know .. but I’ve got issues with my front teeth because of a poor cosmetic decision. I’ve got two wisdom teeth that are functional but not necessary. Can a dentist remove them, reshape them & put them in the front of my mouth? I know this sounds crazy but if I can use my own teeth they are stronger than any crown & my gums will accept them.
Thank you!

G

geos

I’m not a dentist. I would think that if they will reshape your teeth, they will most probably at least need to do a root canal since they will affect the pulp in the teeth. A tooth with a root canal treatment is weaker than a regular tooth. Also, while removing the wisdom teeth there is also a possibility that they will break in the process.

A

AlwaysAnxious

Interesting! Thank you for your reply I really appreciate it. Be very interested to hear what others have to say as well!

Niall Neeson

Niall Neeson

Verified dentist
Can’t happen I’m afraid, no

D

Dontbescared

If only this could happen but unfortunately not. ?