• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Cant make the call

Z

Zerokool2085

Hi im 38 years i took me along time to call a dentists even though i need alot of work done (over 15 years). One of my front upper tooth broke at the gum line and i had no choice at this point. So i went to anyone that could see me the fastest so i didnt have to look at people with that missing. I actually like him unfortunately he past a few year ago. After search review for a few year i finally got myself to call a dentist that said she was there for the most phobic patients. I was terrified calling them amd for the first meeting. But i got myself to go. Im realy happy i didnt been going to her for about 2 years now. She able to rebuild all of my front upper and lower teeth and look amazing. But now is my last big step. Calling the surgeon. Eeekk! I want to 2 different consultations with 2 different surgeons one i like but i need to have my 4 wisdom teeth out plus 9 other molars. The last one was over a year ago and havnt called back to book my surgery. Not in pain right now but it does come and goes. In my head its easier to deal with that pain the make the call. I cant count how many times i said your going to call tomorrow and just cant get myself to mostly due to whats to come after the surgery. Having to wear a partial i know thousand of people do. And being able to face my fiancee. I dont talk to hear about my teeth or my appt. I told her once about all the work i needed and to please not to ask me alot of question. I know she loves me bu un my head im afraid she will look at me different after. And my sec fear is im going to talk different after surgery and with my partial and people will know. I think i just need some reassurance from someone had gone through something like this before. But in an case thanks for listening to me ramble on and on.

You will feel so much better once the work is done! I can promise you that. And your fiancee will have the gift of a healthier sweetheart - a wonderful gift. She likely loves you for wonderful you, not for broken teeth. Think of this as something that you are doing because you are deserving of good health and wellness.
That, my friend, is what's helping me...
I'm halfway through - a few more teeth to be pulled (it was quick and painless and not NEAR as bad as I thought it would be) and partials in October.
My immune system is already thanking me - and yours will too.
You are a rock star, my friend - you will conquer this!
Ramble on! That's what we are here for!
:you-rock:

My fiancee doesnt really know how bad they r never really told her or show ur them and never will. I only told her the dentiest said i need them all pulled. That was like 2 years ago she keeps telling me to try natural remedies. Thinking that will fix everything and i know its way to far past that

And i have areally strong immune system im never get sick thankfully

If you look around at other stories I think you will see there are quite a few that mention people being afraid to talk to their spouse/fiancee about needing dental work. I'm sure your fiancee would want you to be healthy and not worried or stressed about your teeth.

Something that helped me, and that I picked up from here originally, was to practice calling the office when they were closed. Just to get used to doing it and knowing that no one would be there to answer.

I don't have experience with dentures but there is a general FAQ below.

Back