• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Can't tell if a blood clot is there or not...

T

tookaute

Had last, upper, left molar (not wisdom) extracted 3 days ago. (# 15, I think) It was done surgically and a big chunk of my gum line on the cheek side was cut into. I do not see a blood clot like I think I should. I had all 4 wisdoms removed 6 years ago & am familiar w/ what a clot should look like. I'm not in terrible pain (the type that folks describe for dry socket) but I am very sore at the gums. I see something reddish/blackish way, way down in the extraction site but it's teeny. I can't tell if that's the clot. I was expecting something MUCH bigger. Wondering if I don't see a big clot b/c of the odd cut of my extraction site... I got this done at a low-income emergency dental facility. I do not have insurance & hardly no money. I can't just go back in & ask. They told me if I had any problems to go to the ER. I don't want to have to foot an ER bill if there really isn't a problem. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!!!!

Hi,
I'm on day 5 since I had #3 extracted (so one infront of yours - opposite side).. My blood clot is considerably smaller than it was and tbh I've been freaking out about it for the same reason as you!
I don't like that it appears to be shrinking either! My gum is sore too, it still throbs a little and the surrounding teeth are still tender too, ESP the one behind the hole. Hth :)

Had last, upper, left molar (not wisdom) extracted 3 days ago. (# 15, I think) It was done surgically and a big chunk of my gum line on the cheek side was cut into. I do not see a blood clot like I think I should. I had all 4 wisdoms removed 6 years ago & am familiar w/ what a clot should look like. I'm not in terrible pain (the type that folks describe for dry socket) but I am very sore at the gums. I see something reddish/blackish way, way down in the extraction site but it's teeny. I can't tell if that's the clot. I was expecting something MUCH bigger. Wondering if I don't see a big clot b/c of the odd cut of my extraction site... I got this done at a low-income emergency dental facility. I do not have insurance & hardly no money. I can't just go back in & ask. They told me if I had any problems to go to the ER. I don't want to have to foot an ER bill if there really isn't a problem. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!!!!

Back