• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

caps

G

Former Member
Just had two temporary caps fitted yesterday morning and guess what, at 8.00 pm on new years eve one of them has beccome loose. There's no chance of me being able to go to the dentist for another 5 days.

Anyone got any safe suggestions for reattaching the cap on a tempoary basis to get me over the holiday period ?

In the US, you can use DenTek thin set, available in pharmacies and places like Walmart. Happy New Year!

P.S.: the generic term is "temporary dental cement". Fixodent is a denture adhesive, but I've heard it mentioned that it can be used to temporarily hold crowns ("caps") in place. If disaster strikes when shops are closed, find out which pharmacy is open for emergencies. With all tooth problems, including pain, you can ask a pharmacist for advice - they are trained to know which products should be used.

Back