• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Care Credit?

TerrifiedWoman

TerrifiedWoman

Okay, so I'm looking at IV sedation for getting all my teeth pulled, and immediate dentures.......and discover my insurance will only cover $1500 a year per family member. :shame: Applied for Care Credit and was accepted..thank goodness. Can anyone give me an opinion of this 'credit card'? Seems to be my only option unless I want to put all this off..which I really don't.

Care Credit is a pretty good option to go with to help afford your procedure. I used it last year with my dental work and am still paying it off. One thing to look at is if they are giving you a promotional rate. They gave me a promotional rate for one year and unfortunately I could not pay the bill in the year so I have now just been hit with all the interest. Other than that, it is a very common way to go these days.

Thanks for the reply. I will keep the promotional deal in mind. Haven't got my estimate yet, but we should be able to pay it off in a year. :thumbsup:

I have care credit for my current dentist. I have had pretty good experience with them. You won't incur intrest during the promotional period as long as you make your minimum required payment each month. They will e-mail you when your promotion is about to end and you still carry a balance. There is a calculator on their website you can use to get an estimated monthly payment on the balance of a procedure. That is one of the things I am estimating on whether or not I should get the crown or two major fillings on a molar. Unfortunately, I am not sure which one will hurt less.

Leelee:hidesbehindsofa:

I, too have used Care Credit to pay for my extractions and the bill for the IV sedation. Our interest-free period was for 1 1/2 years so that made it much easier to pay off within that time frame. My former dentist would have given me 2 years interest-free if I would have had the veneers done.
It's seems the bigger the balance, the more interest-free time they give you to pay it off.
:hug2:,
Jen

Thanks for the replies! I swear my mouth is going to cost more than a small car. :redface: I think we've actually decided to sell off a bunch of stock we have and just pay all this off instead of going with payments. Thank goodness we have something to fall back on. Of course it will wipe out a lot of what we thought would be retirement money....but we'll still have plenty of years to build it back up.

I'm looking forward to the day when dental health is seen as just as important as medical health and is covered to the same degree by health plans. Even with insurance, dental care is outrageously expensive.

I'm looking forward to the day when dental health is seen as just as important as medical health and is covered to the same degree by health plans. Even with insurance, dental care is outrageously expensive.

SAME HERE! Was talking to my oral surgeon and even he said dental insurance is a joke right now. My $1500 per year isn't much help at all. You can wipe that out in a couple of visits if you're doing much. It's a shame my regular health insurance won't cover my extractions since it's being done in the dental surgical center at the hospital...but it won't. :( Our insurance won't even pay for more than one cleaning a year, and my husband has to get two. It's ridiculous.

Back