• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Cat Mom Remodel

Congrats!! and so happy for you!!:cheer::cheer2::dance2::welldone:... Wishing you all the quickest and smoothest healing.. What a relief to have that pain gone and swelling go down already and news you can save those 4 teeth. Sounds like a good trip as much as it can be!

8/4/19 Sunday
Successfully ate scrambled eggs and silver dollar pancakes without incident. Immune system must be feeling better because I’m ravenous this morning...

E03853E2-CAA2-48AE-BD2E-F4F20F8D82A0.jpegMeet one of my recovery team! This is Miss Wallis, ogling my breakfast...

Pets are the best support sometimes. Glad to hear you are doing well.
???

Soooooo beautiful!!! What a great recovery team :) just wow!!!

8/7/19 Wed

Feeling...Raw and tired. (This warm weather got to me...)

Stitches came out last night (on schedule) without incident (dissolving stitches) and I ate a lovely Cobb Salad without incident - sans croutons. Still avoiding hard crunchy stuff, but healing nicely otherwise.

Am NOT looking forward to getting the rest of the work done in October, but that's how it is...

Been pricing partial dentures... OUCH, talk about expensive!!! o_O

8/9/19 Friday....
Got the final (nervous gulp!) extractions scheduled for Saturday 9/14 at 8:30AM.... Gives me a while for my left lower jaw to heal up, anyway. Getting tired of the sea salt & warm water rinse several times a day, but starting to really feel better....
Could think of better ways to spend a Saturday, but this is a lifetime of overdue maintenance finally getting done. If I were a car I'd have broken down by now... :grin:

Glad o hear things are getting a bit better! You are well on your way to getting things done :) :you-rock::welldone:

You are doing great. Hang in there.

Well done! Wishing you a speedy recovery. Simon XX

8/19/19 Monday
Trying to behave myself and build up the immune system pre-surgery with probiotics, veggies and healthier choices today... But I'd LOVE a potato chip or two or three right now... (Sigh...)

Potato chips: soon.

All the salt and vinegar, kettle chips, all your favorites.

Just hang on.

9/15/19 Sunday
Yesterday was appointment two and the extractions were completed. Only two teeth this time! X-rays show that I need fillings in a few teeth as well as a good cleaning (cringe!)...
Rough night last night, was in some pain this time. Both teeth that were removed yesterday were in bad shape and abscessed (ewwww!).
Really tired today but the pain and nasty taste in my mouth is going away.
Next challenge is to get funding or help affording fillings.
Anyway... ?
Blessings to you all wherever you may be! KH

Hope the infection clears quick and you feel better soon.

Goodness, are you ever on your way.

You are making rapid progress.

For now, just relax and take care of yourself. Enjoy the feeling of knowing you have done everything asked of you.

You’ll feel better soon. Keep us posted.

9/16/19 Monday
Meatloaf and green beans for lunch today... Got the spices just right this time, and no chewing issues so far.
Found out some of my headache is from sudden weather change from summer to rainy autumn....

Researching filling costs in my area. Will have to wait until November. I hate getting fillings!!! ?

Sorry RE: Long absence.
My partials arrived this weekend - nice fit. Mouth is sore but am told it will get better with time. Tomorrow is tooth cleaning (ugh! :() and updated xrays... This too shall pass. (Knew SOMETHING would have to get me back into nutritious eating, but didn't think it would be partials!) Fortunately they came the day AFTER my birthday. Nice 50th birthday present - new glasses and lower partials! Woo hoo...

Last edited:
Back