• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Cavity between teeth and possible Root Canal?

S

SummerSunshine

How can you tell if you have a cavity between your teeth? Back in December, I had two teeth side by side filled, and the the gap at the edge of the two teeth feel weird, like a hole is there, but I don't think it is, I mean, she filled both at the same time, but I don't know... It's only been around 6 months since they've been filled.

One of the teeth had a deeper cavity than she expected, which took her longer to fill, and that one still hurts/sensitivity (a lot of sensitivity), even after 6 months, the other tooth, the one beside it doesn't hurt at all, it's just fine, which makes me question whether or not it is a cavity between them or it's just the sensitivity of the other tooth. Sensodyne kind of works, sometimes I can brush my teeth with it and the "pain" goes away within an hour, and then comes back at other times.

This leads me to believe that I will need to go back to the dentist for a Root Canal. These two were my first fillings, so I have never had a root canal, and just the thought of it gives me anxiety. I just have a feeling that I'll need on on this tooth, but I don't know what to expect. I currently don't have insurance, so I can't afford to even go back to the dentist to get my other 6 fillings and 2 extractions right now. I just wanna believe that indeed it's the sensitive tooth and not a cavity.

I realise money is tight, but you need to go back and ask about this, if it's not been right since it was filled, then it needs to be put right. I wouldn't be charging you to do this, but your dentist may not be like me... the longer you leave it though the more likely it is that you will be charged for fixing it!

Back