• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Cavity with Headache/Unwell Feeling - SCARED

C

ChocolateChipCookie

I'm going to be seeing a dentist on Tuesday with a possible root canal diagnosis. My tooth pain has been minimal, and most of the times not at all. However, my jaw ached for a couple days, then disappeared and now I've had a headache for three or four days. Again, a mild, yet unrelenting headache. I'm pretty sure it's related to my tooth. I also feel fatigued and slightly under the weather. Anyone have an experience like this? I hope Tuesday comes fast, because no matter how scared I am of dental work, the thought of having some severe infection spreading to my brain scares me even more! The fear and worry has been so miserable I cant hardly concentrate on anything, and seriously want to just sleep through the next few days so I can get this darn tooth fixed!! :cry:

No support on a support forum? :( Ok, oh well. Thanks anyways. :shame:

Very unlikely it would spread to your brain, is the problem keeping you awake at night.

I'm going to be seeing a dentist on Tuesday with a possible root canal diagnosis. My tooth pain has been minimal, and most of the times not at all. However, my jaw ached for a couple days, then disappeared and now I've had a headache for three or four days. Again, a mild, yet unrelenting headache. I'm pretty sure it's related to my tooth. I also feel fatigued and slightly under the weather. Anyone have an experience like this? I hope Tuesday comes fast, because no matter how scared I am of dental work, the thought of having some severe infection spreading to my brain scares me even more! The fear and worry has been so miserable I cant hardly concentrate on anything, and seriously want to just sleep through the next few days so I can get this darn tooth fixed!! :cry:

I'm so sorry you're not feeling well. Tooth and mouth pain is some of the worst pain there is. ? I have been there, and from what you have described, it sounds like you have an abscessed tooth. The infection causes pain in the nerves that go into the jaw, neck, and head. It most certainly brings with it fatigue and just not feeling well in general. You likely will receive a prescription for antibiotics and another appointment to fix the issue when you see the dentist, but you will soon be on your way to feeling better. Pain is about the only thing that ever convinces me to get in the chair, but make sure you follow through with treatment even if you're feeling better! If the tooth is bad you will continue to have issues until you address it.

As far as not receiving any support here, I haven't gotten much myself. It helps to go back and read other people's experiences but I have found it's not easy to get replies here. I wish you the best and hope you feel better!

Back