Chair position

T

Thephilsblogbar

I have never been asked by my dentist about chair position, I would like her to see what she is doing whilst checking my mouth.

Also I like to be out the chair as quick as possible sometimes.

T

Thephilsblogbar

And sometimes I wish the dentist chair was in another room, I think all the times most of the time very low down, I still get a ride in her magic chair as an adult.

P

Paranoidpatient

I have never been asked by my dentist about chair position, I would like her to see what she is doing whilst checking my mouth.

Also I like to be out the chair as quick as possible sometimes.
I agree 100% the easier it is for the dentist, the faster it goes for the patient and for the dentist. Would rather lay all the way down and have the work done properly the first time.

krlovesherkids777

krlovesherkids777

Forum Buddy
I have to trust the dentist to be okay with lying back to far... and I absolutely hate lying back wtih any type of goop or impressions in my mouth or when they do the root canals and they are taking an xray with the file in your mouth to see how its giong.. i feel like if i'm laying back it will fall out . or when they are trying stuff in.. if its working like a filling or something, i'm ok with it if its a dentist I'm cool with.

V

vienna

At my dentists in Leeds in the 1970s, the chairs ( two identical in each surgery) seemed to be rather dated, although they probably weren't that old - late 1960s vintage probably. They were more upright than a modern chair and could only be raised, lowered and tilted back and forth. As I recall, the backrest couldn't normally be moved. I refused to sit in them. There was something indescribably unpleasant about them. Fortunately, when I finally had to take a seat to have some baby teeth out, they had been replaced by much newer chairs. I relaxed !

I believe they were made by Siemens in Germany, which might explain the concept of functionality over aesthetics.

kitkat

kitkat

Forum Buddy
During the filling I just had, I somehow got reclined ALL the way back (I think past 180 degrees) without noticing. I’m not entirely sure how my dentist pulled that off. I’m trying to remember at what point the chair started to move from only semi-reclined and I honestly have no recollection...but I remember all of the procedure so I didn’t black out :unsure:. When she finished she told me not to get up too quickly as I may get dizzy and that’s actually when I noticed how far back I was. She must have been doing it gradually or distracting me with lots of talking :confused:.