• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Cheltenham, Gloucestershire

O

oli

Hi all

This is my first post on the forum. I've finally decided after having gone nearly seven years without a visit to a dentist that it's time to. I'm fairly sure I have some decay that's causing less than pleasant breath.

In addition to a phobia of needles, I really dislike the drill. I don't know at what age my dental phobia started, but I have a distinct memory of seeing a dentist's chair when I was about 5 and bursting into tears, even though I was not due to be treated myself.

Anyway, I'd really appreciate it if anyone in the Gloucestershire area who could recommend a dentist local to Cheltenham or Gloucester who has a particularly understanding manner with those who have dental phobias.

Many thanks

Oli

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Denists in Gloucestershire

James Critchley in Pittville Lawn. Saw him once as my own dentist was too busy to see me in an emergency and he was brilliant (had to have a root filling and I was very very nervous). They have a bit of a funny thing going on and now I can't join his practice because he doesn't want to steal patients from his colleague/friend. I really would go to James Critchley if I could and at the very least I would send my children there. Apparently he is really good with them as a friend has sent her 5 year old for some treatment there. Really calming. Does sedation for really really nervous patients too. Only thing is he's not the cheapest dentist you'll ever go to, but I guess you pay for what you get.

Website is on internet https://www.pittvillelawn.co.uk/

James Critchley
6 Pittville Lawn
Cheltenham
Gloucestershire
GL52 2BD

Back