• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Chemical burn during final crown insert?

L

lizjackchris

Went to my prosthodontist for a final crown insert of a back molar. It has been root canaled. After the removal of the temporary, the dentist used some sort of "drying agent" as that is what he referred to it as and I nearly leapt out of my seat. It was an excruciating chemical burn like feeling on the mouth tissue. Some of this "drying agent" seemed to pool between the inside of the lower cheek and the bottom arch where the molar is. They quickly rinsed it and it felt better. But it appears that I have a little bit of white tissue there now like a sore and it's a bit painful. Never experienced this before and wondering what might have happened.

I have no idea. The cement I use actually prefers a tooth to be lightly dried only and not completely bone dry. There is a very popular desensitizing agent that can cause a mild chemical burn if spilled on soft tissue but I and I think a lot of dentists use a tiny microbrush so there is very little used.
Ask what is was and please post the answer.

Back