• Welcome! This is a forum for anyone who is affected by a fear of the dentist, dental phobia, or specific dental fears.

We are lucky to count a number of dentists among our members and moderators. Look out for the "Verified dentist" badges. If you are a dental professional who likes to help, please join our community!

Register now to access many more features and forums!

Chester, Cheshire

brit

brit

Super Moderator
Staff member
Recommendation from male poster:
"This is one of the dentists who helped me overcome my phobia:

Miss J.L. Potter
Handbidge Dental Practice
5 Overleigh road
Handbridge
Chester
01244 677612
'She was my dentist from in the 1990s, prior to seeing her i had not been to a dentist for 6/7 years. She was very caring and always explained everything."
Update 2008: 'Although it was ten years ago... her website is www.chestersmiles.com she was really nice and caring and very good with nervous patients. Thanks to her care I managed to start seeing a dentist regularly after about 7/8 years of non attendance. I would quite happily return to her.'

For some reason this post is also listed under Wales - maybe because it is close to the border and we are very short of recommendations for Wales.

Last edited:
G

Geraint

Update.

As some of you may have read I have recently lost my job in York and moved back to Wales. I have returned to Miss J.L Potter and I can assure you she is still as caring and patient as she was before. Ok it was only a check up but she was very reassuring through out. Looking on her website she now does sedation as well. Since I last went there in 1997 the practice has been extended ( used to be just no.5 now no.5-7). There are 2 waiting areas one for patients to see Miss Potter the dentist and one for patients waiting to see the Hygienist. There is a large tv on the wall in one waiting area for patients to watch whilst waiting to see the dentist the waiting area is furnished with sofas and plenty of magazines. Both surgeries are designed well with all the instruments (particularly the drill) out of sight and the room in general is not dominated by the dental chair. When you sit in the chair there is a painting in view and all instruments are out of sight. All staff are smartly dressed - no white coats. Her hygienist Mrs Gill Stagg is also very caring and patient.

Miss JL Potter
Chestersmiles
5 Overleigh road
Handbridge,
CHESTER
CH4 7HL

Last edited by a moderator:
G

Geraint

ChesterSmiles / Miss J.L.Potter and team have now moved to: Oasis Dental Care practice at 4 Park Street, Chester CH1 1RN Telephone 01244 321378. All her team have moved with her - nurse, receptionist and hygienist. The new practice is nearer the city centre and bus station. I found her new surgeries to be equaly as 'well designed' as at her previous premises.

D

Dave48

Why di they move there Whats Happening to the old Surgery?

Dave.:)

G

Geraint

Miss Potter explained to me that the property at no 5 Overleigh road was reaching a stage where the building would neeed money spending on it. I asked her whether she felt any sadness in leaving no5 she explained that her carreer started at 4 Park road prior to her moving to no 5 Overleigh road. - so the move was almost like returning to her roots. The move also gives her the chance to be part of a bigger team.

D

Dave48

Right That sounds a good Idea.

Dave.:)