• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is very afraid of dentistry or who suffers with dental phobia. Please note that this is NOT a general dental forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Chronic long time infection

J

Jwood

And this evening my mouth is filled with weird little saliva bubbles everywhere.

M

Mickeylucy

I understand. I can tell you that you're pretty much in the safe zone about the infection. I cannot give you a final answer about this, as i'm not a Dentist. But i do know a few things about infections and how they spread as i recently finished my course on Infectology in Medicine.
You'll have plenty of time to react to a possible systemic infection in the remote possibility that you get one.

I'm open to any questions or talking you need over the course of this 13 days you got to wait. So fell free to PM me, or keep writing in here as long as you need or want.

Blessings.
Please could you help me as I'm having the same issues

M

Mickeylucy

A little over a year ago, I had my top two wisdom teeth and a right molar removed due to impaction and infection. Due to financial constraints, I was only able to get those 3 removed at that time. Also still, I have an upper left molar that is decayed, broken and black ish, on that same side I have the lower wisdom tooth that has been chronically infected, it is partially covered with gum near the back. it isn't red or swollen, only mildly painful, but it does ooze pus if you apply pressure to the gums around it with a qtip. The pus is really liquidy near the gum flap but on the sides it's more of a thicker near solid pus. In front of that wisdom tooth, I have two molars that were drilled and filled about six months ago, frequently, there will be pus from them as well. Anyways, my worry is that the infection will spread (if it hasn't already) to elsewhere in my body and cause severe problems. I mean I keep reading articles where people have died from a tooth infection that spread in short amounts of time, and this one has been infected for over a year or more. That's scary. But I mean, are these fears unfounded? Should I be terribly worried? I've already got heart problems as is. I have an appointment with the oral surgeon to remove them in two weeks. I'm having them removed awake, I have a severe fear of death with being put to sleep. And a severe fear of death from dental complications in general. I'm going to an appointment literally right now to see if my regular dentist will give me some antibiotics to try to clear up the infection before the extraction because I fear that if they extract it while it is infected it could instantly enter my bloodstream and spread. I mean seriously, should I worry? Im so bad that even during extractions, I change my blood pressure medicine for a few days to one that doesn't interact with lidocaine, because my normal med does, I take some klonopin before the procedure, and then I have my oral surgeon monitor blood pressure and heart. Please help with some advice or reassurance or something. Thank you.

I am having exactly the same issues and problems as yourself . I had a tooth out eight weeks ago and the hole is still not covering over the bone and I am worried to death of the same issues as you . I've been on and off antibiotics and they have made me feel really poorly so not on any now but my gums are very sore and swollen at the min and now inside the dry socket feels sore again which I hadn't had for some weeks but has all started up again and I'm worried to death over infection and it spreading . So I understand totally where your coming from