• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Cleaning teeth after

MeaDrea

MeaDrea

I had the upper and lower wisdom teeth pulled and a root canal of the upper second molar.

Doc said first 2 days, don't brush.

After he said avoid the left side... so 2x a day I've been brushing and flossing starting from just left of center, and all the way to the right... then I very gently swish a warm salt water rinse.

But what about the second molars next to the extracted teeth? How do I clean them without brushing them?

It's been 5 days since my extractions. Things are healing, but there's still a way to go. The stitches haven't fully dissolved yet (I thought the lower ones did, but they just shrunk and sunk a little into the hole... see pic) and the blood clots still look pretty fresh on the bottom. (The top is healing faster)

So I don't think I can brush and floss there yet. What else can I do? I'm worried about causing more dental issues from not properly cleaning them. Should I scrape them clean.. start brushing.. I don't know the protocol... and apparently I don't need a recheck where I can ask all this... so if I make an appointment, I have to pay and I have zero money left... so I can't go there to ask.

Attachments

• 20200205_221105.jpg
    20200205_221105.jpg
    231.6 KB · Views: 8
Get on in and brush them. Really don't understand this advice at all. You're not likely to do any harm by brushing normally.

Okay. Yeah I don't get it either, just like they told me to sleep sitting up the first few days. I don't know why, I was too medicated to ask, and since I'd have to pay for a recheck and can't afford to, I'm kinda lost on the whys and when's

Yeah... and no one said why lol

Back