• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Clove dressing

P

Popmar1

Hi all, me again! I'm just wondering when I should expect the clove packing to come out of the extraction site? Today has been great, I've had very little pain for the first time in weeks! The extraction site has been filled from Friday after having infection all cleared out. Dentist said it will dissolve in time but I'm paranoid it'll come out to soon?

It will come out when it is ready. The extraction site will heal from the inside out and as it heals it will push the dressing out.

If it comes out and I get pain again does that mean it's came out to early and will need redone? Thanks again :)

If it comes out and I get pain again does that mean it's came out to early and will need redone? Thanks again :)

I've heard that if pain comes back again, it might need to be repacked. The packing is to provide medicine/pain relief and a cover to promote healing, so if it comes out on its own and you start to have pain that OTC pain medicine doesn't take care of, definitely call your dentist.

Back