• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Clyndamyacine reaction or ??

J

Jmn207

Hey all! I've been through the wringer with my rct, that turned out to still be infected months after complaining to my dentist and him blowing me off. He finally listened to me when my jaw, neck and chin were swollen and put me on clindamycin. I've been taking it for 6 days. My throat has been sore and almost like a lump in my throat when I swallow so I looked in the mirror today and noticed all of the blisters or bumps on the very back of my throat! I called the dentist and he took a look and told me to not take anymore of the antibiotics that my tongue was little yeasty and if it got worse go to a dr. WTF???? Is this a side effect from this antibiotic?

I'm not a doctor or a dentist, but I know that yeast infections are a common side effect of antibiotics - because, in addition to killing bacteria that cause infection, they can also kill 'good' bacteria that help keep other things in check, like yeast.

Thanks for your reply!! I just went to the store and got some probiotics and LOTS of yogurt, so I'm hoping this will help. I knew something felt weird with my throat when I started the antibiotics, but I thought it was swelling from my infection or acid reflux because it literally felt like there was an alien in my stomach lurching around.

Make sure the yogurt is plain (not vanilla) with no added sugar. Yeast feeds off of sugar.

OH! Back to the store I go! I was too busy picking out all the yummy flavors and didnt think about the sugar!
Thank you so much again :)

Back