• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

complaint to dental company.

Q

qweety

hello i hope someone can advise? this is a new update to my problem.

I had an unneccercary operation performed on a tooth by a dentist.

It took a while but i found courage and made a compliant to the company. I had an immediate
response to say that it will take 2 weeks for a full response.

one week after this the company changed it's name at this particular branch. they have branches across England. Our local surgery had a full make over.

I had no response after this for over 1 month. So I contacted the manager again by email, but again no response.

So then I sent another reminder by recorded delivery , this time i did get a response.

in short (edited a bit) the manager said:
-------------------------------
I sent a letter to you but it must have got lost in the post.

My letter outlined the fact we have still not yet heard from your treating dentist; despite having contacted her several times regarding your complaint. I wrote to our company protection agency, for advice on what to do having had no response. They advised me that ***********( <<the original company name) have little to do with the complaint as it is the clinician and treatment you’re unsatisfied with. This, therefore, leaves me unable to do much more than pass the complaint onto the treating dentist (which I did on the 11th December).

If you would like to contact her directly, her name is *********. If you go onto the GDC website, you will be able to find her contact details.

-------------------------------

no.1 I bet she didn't send a letter to me.

no.2 why would I want to contact the dentist who did this to me directly? To exaggerate the point, it's like saying to me " if you would like to contact the rapist who raped you, feel free, because we now have changed our company name and owe you nothing at all."

no.3 she said "..copany have little to do with the complaint as it is the clinician and treatment you’re unsatisfied with" So is the manager saying that when this dentist operated on me, she was not actually working for the company therefore the company has no responsibilty for this incident?

phewwww what a mess.

thanks for reading
+
hope you can help : )

Last edited:
The manager at the practice is right. You do need to write to the dentist and put your complaint to her, as she needs the chance to respond to you.

Record all letters you sent as they may say, that things have been lost in the post, also keep copies of what you send as well.

You can also contact the GDC and explain what has happened, they will contact you and tell you what next.

I would also buy a copy of your records from the practice, if they are on paper they cost £50.00 if they are digital the cost is £10.00.

You can pm me if you like and if there is anything I can help you with I will.

In the USA at least the general rule is the bigger the practice the worse the treatment with the worst care by the corporate offices.

Back