• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Complicated filling, Help!?

P

Paddyg

Basically, about 3 weeks ago I got a filling in my 5th tooth on the bottom right. I was told it was a fairly deep filling. Everything was fine untill after two weeks I started getting pain when chewing or drinking. I was worried about this. I couldnt feel any pain when I pushed on the tooth, just when I was eating or drinking. I put up with it for about a week and went to the dentist today. She said she often sees this sort of thing and usually it can be fixed by drilling out some of the filling and putting in some temporary filling dressing. So she numbed me up with two shots and got to work. Now I am home and the numbness is starting to wear off. I have a strong ache/pain around the tooth she put the temporary filling in. I never experienced pain for the other filling I have got in the past. So im a bit confused as to why I am experiencing pain. What should I do, any advice/info would be great!

the pulp is diseased and so you need a root canal. Your dentist tried very conservative treatment which doesn't always work. Not an unusual problem at all.

Back