• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Conscious sedation awesomeness!!!

K

karingal

:jump:Yaaaaay I did it! After a lifetime of avoiding the dentist I've finally gotten my teeth fixed. I wanted to write this yesterday but after the sedation my coordination was not up to typing:) I was soooo terrified of going and have barely slept this last week imagining horror scenarios about dying in the dentists chair etc etc but in the end it was a piece of cake. I'd actually go as far as to say I ENJOYED the experience which is something I never dreamed I would say about a visit to the dentist. The whole thing lasted almost four hours (so they tell me- as far as I'm aware the anaesthetist gave me some goo and the next second I woke up), I had 9 filling, 1 root canal, one wisdom tooth removed and my four front teeth were prepped for veneers (which will be put on next monday). All of this and I remember nothing at all. It's like a miracle! My husband was there when they knocked me out and he said that even after the point where my memory fails me and before I fell asleep I found the time to tell the dentist and the anaesthetist (both male) that they were "beautiful":giggle: When I woke up I was apparently "fishing" and eating" and inspecting the dentists drills and equipment. My husband kindly videoed me (!) when we got home and it would appear the eating and fishing continued throughout the rest of the day. If you want to see here's the link

Hope you all have as good a laugh at this as I did when I saw it:grin: In short sedation dentistry is the greatest thing ever invented. I loved it and would recommend it to anyone here who's been avoiding the dentist like I did for so many years. It might cost a bit more but it means you can get the lot done in one hit and even better, not remember anthing about it!

congratulations!!!! :cheer::cheer2::dance::dance::cheer::cheer2:
thanks for sharing that video. i am so happy for you. and the fishing and eating is so cute!!!

:XXLhug: Thanks Misti! And also thanks to everyone else who encouraged me on this forum when I was thinking of cancelling my appointment...without you all I wouldn't have gone at all. I'd also like to mention that although I do eat on a daily basis, fishing is not one of my hobbies so I have no idea why I suddenly decided to take it up under sedation:grin:

Congrats!!! :jump::jump: That was pretty funny. he he I like your Edward blankie. :)

Congratulations, and you are an awesome 'drunk' :giggle:

:grin:Hahaha if I wasn't so pleased with my new teeth I would be mortified by that video:giggle: As for the blanket....well I might not be a teenager anymore but having Robert Pattinson keep me warm that day is a memory I'll certainly treasure for a long time;D

Wow well done you so proud :) I'm currently trying to pluck up the courage to go through with this myself I need extractions and fillings reading stories like yours really helps thanks for posting and congrats again :) x

Back