• Welcome! This is a forum for anyone who is affected by a fear of the dentist, dental phobia, or specific dental fears.

We are lucky to count a number of dentists among our members and moderators. Look out for the "Verified dentist" badges. If you are a dental professional who likes to help, please join our community!

Register now to access many more features and forums!

Conscious sedation

S

Susan Horsley

Just before lockdown in the UK I’d agreed with my dentist that I’d have sedation for dental work above a filling. I’m slightly concerned about how Covid 19 will affect this. Do you think sedation will still be available?

Gordon

Gordon

Administrator
Staff member
Verified dentist
Honestly, I have no idea how dentistry will continue in any normal fashion until we get a vaccine or unless patients have a positive antibody test for the virus.

I don't think sedation will be particularly affected in the big scheme of things, but I don't think there will be much routine dentistry being done in the UK at all this year.

Sorry to be so downbeat but having read the latest guidelines, I think it's going to be a long road back.

S

Susan Horsley

Honestly, I have no idea how dentistry will continue in any normal fashion until we get a vaccine or unless patients have a positive antibody test for the virus.

I don't think sedation will be particularly affected in the big scheme of things, but I don't think there will be much routine dentistry being done in the UK at all this year.

Sorry to be so downbeat but having read the latest guidelines, I think it's going to be a long road back.
As long as I can be seen if I’m in pain all the rest can wait. I’m happy to say I have relatively good teeth, there is on 2 with small fillings in them.