• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Corsodyl gel bad for the teeth and gums?

F

Flutterbye

Hello all,

I use Listermint mouthwash twice a day after brushing and Corsodyl clear dental gel around one Molar as I noticed when I press the gum there it smells a bit. The dentist said it is a low level infection and the Molar has cracked (I had root canal work 12 years ago and it has been repaired about 5 times since then).

When I said I used Corsodyl she said it stains the teeth. I tried to explain it was not mouthwash.

Today somebody else told me that Corsodyl mouthwash can damage the teeth, is that true? (I have never used it).
Is Listermint mouthwash harmful to the teeth and gums?
Is the clear Corsodyl dental gel harmful to the teeth and gums?

Thanks for any information

I'm not a dentist but I believe corsodyl can cause staining on teeth if used long term. With other mouthwashes, my dentist says they aren't necessary and to avoid any containing alcohol as it can dry out the mouth which can cause other problems with teeth.

Back