• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

corsodyl question

A

Angiemc00

hi, could a dentist please answer , how good corsodyl gel is ??

also can it be used over & in extraction site ??:confused:

thankyou :)

Last edited:
hi, could a dentist please answer , how good corsodyl gel is ??

also can it be used over & in extraction site ??:confused:

thankyou :)

It worked all cleared up & no pain ! :):):):)

For future reference, it's quite good for what it's designed for, it should not be used in a fresh extraction socket. Not because it's bad but there's a risk of a serious allergic reaction.

Hi, I'm not in the habit of resurrecting old threads, but a google search for "Over using corsodyl" this is the thread that came up.

I started getting mouth ulcers a day or two before Xmas (fairly mild) blasting my mouth with strong saline solution usually does the trick but this time it didn't. The day after NYD the ulcers were huge everything in my mouth was swollen, and my eyes were showing a strong conjunctivitis.

So I started hitting a generic corsodyl clone a bit harder than recommended, about 20 second exposure, 8 times a day.

Visiting the Doctor a day later (asap) I've been given Metronidazol 200mg/5ml Oral suspension, 10ml 3 * a day and Flucloxacillin 250mg/5ml 10ml 4 * a day + some gunk for my eyes and was told to continue using the mouth wash but I neglected (forgot) to mention how often I was (ab)using it.

After reading data sheet for the mouth wash I believe I've entered into a feed back loop, over using the mouthwash has caused some damage to the fleshier parts of my mouth and I was using the mouth wash to alleviate the pain. The insides of my cheeks and under my tongue feels corroded (like wrinkled fingers from staying in the bath too long) and there is a prickly pain sensation in these areas.

The antibiotics appear to be working and I've stopped using the mouthwash (6 hours ago), just rinsing my mouth with water regularly, after taking the antibiotics and after eating (read swallowing what I can)

Is this the correct course of action? Are my assumptions about over use correct?
Thanks in advanced for any reply

Back