• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

couple questions

G

gamergirl123

Former Member
I'm wondering since while i don't know when d-day will be for me, i figured i should at least start doing research on a few subjects. side not: I doubt implants would be in the budget so please don't say "get implants"

is it possible to get 2 partial dentures on the bottom or would i have to take the denture route? I only have 6 teeth in a row that are still in good shape(but 4 of those are crooked) and they are, if i'm looking at the diagram right, 3 incisors, one canine, and a pre-molar. I can upload a photo if needed.

also, does anyone know what the odds of the remaining teeth being in good shape when the rest of the bottom teeth are bad? well, technically speak, there's one other tooth that appears to be in decent shape but who knows since it's my main chewing tooth. And also, i'm not sure the full family history or what extent this may play out in my case, but i do know that both of my grandparents on mom's side had full dentures and mom has had top dentures for at least a year and got bottom dentures a couple days ago.

And also something i've been wondering. let's say i start the visit with one dentist but decide to go to another one for the actual procedure, what would be the best way to ask about getting a copy of the x-rays and paperwork regarding what is being seen in the x-rays and potential options of getting the problems corrected to show another dentist?

i'm currently bouncing back and forth between strong oral sedation at the dentist mom got her work done at and requesting to go to a dentist further out that offers iv sedation.

is it possible to get 2 partial dentures on the bottom or would i have to take the denture route?
You can have one partial denture which adds teeth both on the right and left side of the jaw.
2 partials is not possible and if the remaining teeth are in suitable condition, no need for a full denture.

also, does anyone know what the odds of the remaining teeth being in good shape when the rest of the bottom teeth are bad? well, technically speak, there's one other tooth that appears to be in decent shape but who knows since it's my main chewing tooth. And also, i'm not sure the full family history or what extent this may play out in my case, but i do know that both of my grandparents on mom's side had full dentures and mom has had top dentures for at least a year and got bottom dentures a couple days ago.
Nobody can really answer that without inspecting your teeth condition. X ray is also very important for proper assessment.

And also something i've been wondering. let's say i start the visit with one dentist but decide to go to another one for the actual procedure, what would be the best way to ask about getting a copy of the x-rays and paperwork regarding what is being seen in the x-rays and potential options of getting the problems corrected to show another dentist?
That should not be a problem. An X-ray image is patient's property, not the dentist's. Usually the patient needs to ask for the images and can ask the former dental practice to send it to the new dental clinic.
By the way, if the X-ray is digital, it is better to send the digital file (for example by email). If it's the old-school analog photo, ask for the original image.

Back