• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is very afraid of dentistry or who suffers with dental phobia. Please note that this is NOT a general dental forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Craze Lines or Crack?

J

jlxp

Hey guys. On Friday I took a bit of a tumble outside my apartment and did a bit of damage to my face, grazes/bruises etc, i also bruised my gum. Whilst taking a look at my bruised gum last night using the torch on my phone, i noticed some very faint lines down my incisors and the teeth either side. These are only visible under the light of my phone at a specific angle and caused me no pain (When i fell there was no blood from my mouth, either) Though i have not been able to sleep worrying about what will happen at the dentists [Extraction etc.] I've been going through a very stressful period of my life and I am often chewing on the end of a pen and gritting my teeth, does this mean it is likely to be just Craze Lines, particularly if it doesn't hurt? (I can feel it now because i can't stop inspecting them!)

R

rob wain

Verified dentist
lots of teeth have fine fracture lines in them and they're not particularly significant though if you're clenching/grinding it may be worth getting a niteguard made.