• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is very afraid of dentistry or who suffers with dental phobia. Please note that this is NOT a general dental forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Crippling anxiety

Amiller1322

Amiller1322

Is it possible to be completely sedated while having complex procedures performed? When I had my wisdom teeth extracted I was put under. I feel like this would be the only possible way to actually go through with any treatment. I know it sounds crazy but I suffer from severe PTSD and am currently receiving clinical therapy. I have anxiety and depression beyond my control. I need help with this please

Gordon

Gordon

Administrator
Staff member
Verified dentist
Yes it's perfectly possible.

Dg6300

Dg6300

Not a dentist, but let me offer you this:

You are demonstrating considerable courage.

You appear to be doing everything right.

Amiller1322

Amiller1322

Thank you ?

Enarete

Enarete

Super Moderator
Staff member
Amiller1322, this doesn't sound crazy at all, on the contrary - you are really brave as you are looking at options how to get through the treatment, so give yourself a pat on the back for that. Glad you are getting therapy and hope you get a bit better soon. I can't even imagine what you must be dealing with. By the way, there are many people around who wouldn't be able to get their treatment without sedation, so you are in a good company here.