• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Crown and root canal... still in pain and terrified!

D

dc12

Hi everyone,

First of all I am so glad I found this forum. Although it sucks we're in the same boat, at least we're not alone!

I had a root canal about 2.5 months ago and then got a crown on it. The temp worked great but my permanent crown feels off. On the side it's sensitive to the touch and I can't bite on anything hard. I've been to my dentist to have it adjusted multiple times and they swear up and down that nothing is wrong- they had me bite down on a piece of wood, tapped, took ex-rays... everything is clear. Even the endo said it looks fine, but I still have pain. I am terrified that it might be a fractured root because I don't wanna loose my tooth, it's one of my worst fears. Has anyone ever had this problem? What happened? Also, has anyone ever had a root resection? I'm thinking that might be an alternative to extraction in the worst case scenario. Thanks!!!

Hi welcome to the forum.

I have moved this to the support part of the forum as I think you will get more help here, I hope you don't mind. If you would like it moved back to where it was let me know and I will happily move it for you.

Sometimes it takes time for a tooth to settle after having a crown put on. This problem has happened before, if I can remember who it was I will link to their thread for you. If this problem persists I would keep going back to the dentist until they find the problem.

Hopefully it will settle down for you :)

Back