• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Crown keeps popping off

A

amic09

I had a crown put on a molar about four years ago. Since this August, it’s popped off 2 times. Well! It just popped off again. No pain and went back in easily. Both times before, the tooth was x-rayed and recemented. I’ve made an appointment with the dentist for Thursday afternoon, but I was wondering what could cause this? Easing my mind on possible treatments would be great too! I just had a tooth pulled in September, so my mind is going to worst case scenario.

most likely there isn't much to hold onto

most likely there isn't much to hold onto
Thank you! I was wondering this as well since I’ve had it looked at so many times with various dentists. What would possible treatment look like if this was the case?

Depends... sometimes surgical crown lengthening to give a bit more tooth substance to work on, or putting a post and core into the root canal, or maybe redoing the prep to make the walls a bit more parallel or...

Back