• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Crown lengthening

G

Former Member
I just found out after my root canal that I need to have this done. The earliest I can see the periodontist is in a month (his vacation is right after mine) Anyway, I am checking with my regular DDS to see if the week delay is a problem and if it is, get another referral. I found a very good site about what to expect but needless to say I am very scared and would appreciate any advice on how to deal with this-and any pain involved. Thank you so much in advance-this board got me through my root canal yesterday and I dont think I could have done it without you all! :respect:
Taffe

Assuming, of course that you do need a crown lengthening procedure, waiting just a few weeks shouldn't make much of a difference.
There is some discomfort associated with crown lengthening, but the over the counter pain meds should cover it for you.
I suggest that you go and enjoy your holiday and have it done when you get back.

Glenn

Back