• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Crown prep and/or crown lengthening

T

Tryingtoovercome

I have to get 8 crowns/veneers (a mixture) across my front teeth. (Long story, I have a journal on here if interested in reading it). The dentist told me I needed crown lengthening before she would start the process.
has Anyone ever got that many teeth crowned? If so how was the process?
Has anyone ever got crown lengthening? What was that process like? During and recovery.

Hi Tryingtoovercome,

I just read the last post in your journal where you describe how the last visit went. I can't help the feeling that you are not really convinced of needing this procedure and that it was pushed on you in a way. Altogether with the cost of it, I would be pretty concerned. I would be generally very concerned if anyone would start convincing me that my smile was gummy and that I needed a cosmetic procedure that involves surgery and doing 8 teeth and costs so much money. So if you have any doubts, I can only encourage you to think it through, let them give you health reasons for the treatment (not cosmetic ones) and maybe even seeking a second opinion. You are the client and you decide what you would like to do.

All the best wishes

Back