• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Crown procedure

I

Islandersgirl74

When you have the impressions done for a crown, is I.T an impression of all of your teeth or just the teeth with the crown? The thought of doing a mold already makes me want to gag.

Just where the crown is.

Just the one tooth. I have a horrible gag reflex that is easily triggered, and I honestly don't even remember getting the impression hardly. It's super simple and quick, no worries.

I got my implant crown impressions a few months ago and after being scared and having had some rough experiences because I have a tny mouth and always ended up gagging it out and taking sereral times. well I did it first try.. I can say some things made the difference.. the dentist was present with me in the romm he didn't just shove my mouth full of goop and leave and put a time on. he stayed with me helping me to think of my breathing and telling jokes with me and the assisaant.. . I know they gave me the smallest tray because I have a very small mouth and they wre just awesome through the whole things.

I do think it is helpful there fore to have your dentist/assistant in the room to help disctract you from thinking of the goop in your mouth and gagging. :) first time I ever did it in one shot!!​

I got my implant crown impressions a few months ago and after being scared and having had some rough experiences because I have a tny mouth and always ended up gagging it out and taking sereral times. well I did it first try.. I can say some things made the difference.. the dentist was present with me in the romm he didn't just shove my mouth full of goop and leave and put a time on. he stayed with me helping me to think of my breathing and telling jokes with me and the assisaant.. . I know they gave me the smallest tray because I have a very small mouth and they wre just awesome through the whole things.

I do think it is helpful there fore to have your dentist/assistant in the room to help disctract you from thinking of the goop in your mouth and gagging. :) first time I ever did it in one shot!!​

Was I.T whole mouth or just that tooth

I think it depends on the tooth. I had a bottom molar that needed a crown and they did a quadrant impression. It was super easy and did not trigger my gag reflex at all. It was just on the side of the mouth that needed the crown and the tray was really thin. (thinner than in the picture I inserted for a reference). Some dentist that do same day crowns can do digital impressions without molds!
s-l1600.jpg

Back