• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Crown

L

lleigh26

Hi

I’m An Extremely Nervous Patient & I Have A Half Cracked Upper Molar.. Most Of The Tooth Looks Great & It Would Of Been 3rd From The Back Including Wisdom Tooth But Thats Gone.. From What I Can Tell.. It Would Be Suitable For A Crown But Last Time I Went To A Dentist.. She Wasn’t Very Helpful & Just Wanted To Extract The Tooth ( Different One ) How Will I Know If This Tooth Is Suitable Because I Really Want To Avoid Extraction If Possible..?
Thank You.. Laura

I’ve Managed To Get A Pic Of The Tooth Thats Giving Me Problems Every Now & Then.. Would This Tooth Be Possible For A Crown..? I Really Don’t Want An Extraction!! The Thought Terrifies Me.. Please Help!! ?AE546598-FCC3-4182-9D6A-BF59E3ECB07D.jpeg

Attachments

• 7578334A-71F5-4A57-962B-3D68CD981F85.jpeg
    7578334A-71F5-4A57-962B-3D68CD981F85.jpeg
    2.8 KB · Views: 23
Hard to say from the photo but it doesn't look great I'm afraid.

Ahh Okies.. May I Ask Why..? As I’ve Seen Some Pictures Of Teeth On Here That Have Less Tooth Available To Attach Too That Have Been Ok For A Crown.. Just A Bit Worried As I Do Not Want An Extraction.. ? xx

I’m not a dentist so I cannot speak to your personal situation, but I had a pretty good sized portion of a lower molar that broke. I thought for sure it would need to be extracted. In fact, I panicked about it for years and avoided the dentist. Fast forward to last month, turns out I need a root canal due to an infection, but the tooth was able to be saved & a crown can be placed. Hopefully the same is true for you. I just wanted to let you know that there is hope. I would say (for reference) a good 1/4 of my molar broke off. Best wishes for good news.

That Is Brilliant News.. Thank You For Your Reply.. That’s Why I Need.. Hope!! I’m Extremely Nervous As It Is So I Would Much Rather Have Any Other Work Done Other Than An Extraction.. ? Hopefully I Can Get Something Sorted.. I’m Glad Yours Went Well.. ? I’m Only 30 But Sometimes I Wish I Had No Teeth As The Fear I Get Takes Over My Whole Life When I Have Dental Problems.. My Mind Can’t Concentrate On Anything Else!! Xx

It doesn't look great because the fracture line has (as best I can see) gone down a fair bit below the gum margin. That's usually pretty bad for the longterm survival of the tooth.

Thank You.. ? Do You Mean This Bit..? Xx

Attachments

• 14D0632D-05E3-4AB9-8E96-1F665C0315B1.jpeg
    14D0632D-05E3-4AB9-8E96-1F665C0315B1.jpeg
    19 KB · Views: 5
I Have A Better Picture Now If It Helps

Attachments

• 03A7A439-3C06-4DB8-AA07-51318133FA9F.jpeg
    03A7A439-3C06-4DB8-AA07-51318133FA9F.jpeg
    83.8 KB · Views: 12
Yes that bit.

You can't tell how bad it is from a photo, my best guess is that it's not great but I'd be happy to be wrong :)

Thank You For Your Reply.. Hopefully You Are Wrong As I Do Not Want It Out.. ?

Back