• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Crowns prep fear

S

Sagenka

I had 5 teeth extracted as a child due to no permanent teeth coming through (genetically condition).
The dentists were always ruthless and showed no compassion. This left me petrified.
Im now 35 years old and decided to sort my teeth out about a year ago.
My ortho is amazing, managed to get me through whole Invisalign treatment.
Now it’s the time to get the gaps between my teeth closed through crowns & veneers (because my teeth are very small they can build them up this way and close the gaps).
I’m getting my teeth prepped for crowns tomorrow. I’m really worried if this will hurt, I’m not scared of needles. I’m just really worried it will hurt.
I also might need my gums cut as they are protruding onto my front teeth too much! Have anyone had that done?

Hi Sagenka, there is no reason why getting the teeth prepped should hurt if you are numbed up. Make sure you have a stop signal worked out with your dentist, or if you feel unable to give one (e.g. if you're prone to freezing), they could stop every so often and make sure you're not feeling any pain. You can also ask them to test that you are numb before starting.

Best of luck (if your appointment isn't over already) and let us know how you got on :grouphug:

Hi Sagenka, there is no reason why getting the teeth prepped should hurt if you are numbed up. Make sure you have a stop signal worked out with your dentist, or if you feel unable to give one (e.g. if you're prone to freezing), they could stop every so often and make sure you're not feeling any pain. You can also ask them to test that you are numb before starting.

Best of luck (if your appointment isn't over already) and let us know how you got on :grouphug:

Thank you Letsconnect, I’m leaving work in 3 hours for my appointment. Funnily enough, there was a major incident on the motorway where I live today, instead of 25 minutes it took me 2 hours to get to work. After that I had an interview to promote a car that I own, it was the first time I did a video interview like that so my mind was occupied. I didn’t have the time to worry about dental work ??
I will let you know how I get on today, again, thanks for putting my mind to rest

Glad to hear you haven't had much time to worry - sounds like an interesting day (well, perhaps not the traffic jam ?)

Best of luck with it ?!!

So I misunderstood what the destiny was doing and actually all he wanted me in for it to show me approximately what my teeth will look like when they’re done. I bust out in tears (obviously haha). I’m not scared anymore and can’t wait to get started, he said he will numb everything and I won’t feel a thing

Attachments

• 1225C1F9-7D97-4815-9BE4-827E46FC6413.jpeg
    1225C1F9-7D97-4815-9BE4-827E46FC6413.jpeg
    302.8 KB · Views: 8
LOL ? (I'm sure it wasn't funny at the time!). That all sounds great, looks fantastic!