• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Cupcake delivery during Covid?

Enarete

Enarete

Super Moderator
Staff member
Hi there,

I wanted to send a surprise pack of cupcakes to my dental practice as I usually do once a year, but was wondering whether this may bring more problems than joy during this special time. The cupcake place works normally and delivers to the front door, but I was wondering whether:

- the cupcakes may be seen as a possible danger due to being food and / or being delivered and not asked for
- the fact of a delivery guy standing at the door may bring in too much chaos in the adjusted practice flow

Not sure I'm overthinking here, but seeing the immense contrast between dentistry in my country - which works pretty much as usual - no special masks, no restrictions on the use of the handpiece, no plastic coverage, no temperature taking or covid pre-screening etc., just sanitizer, no handshake and social distancing - and the difference to how it works in UK makes me want to be extra careful.

I can't see it being a big issue, food deliveries are going ahead as normal in the UK, we're getting a supermarket delivery every week as usual.

@Enarete ..

I totally thought I had posted.. must not have went through.. I so think this is such a kind lovely thought and would imagine them to be really blessed and make their day!! :perfect:

Back