• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Dating with missing/bad teeth insecure

C

Chaosdeal

Hi

I am very insecure from myself . I dont got much luck yet with love/Dating. Single for 7 years. In the dating world a lot of peole are focused on Nice teeth or they turn off. I gonna miss 1 or 2 molars in the future. And i cant afford implants costing 2000 euros a tooth. And heard in the USA its even 4000. How you people deal with this issue?

Chaosdeal,

I so feel you here. was in dating scene for years on and off with my awful teeth . I understand the self consciousness part. I had lower partials missing 7 teeth plus others missing, Couldn't eat well with them.. which made me even more conscious on restaurant dates. and the part with not being able to afford teeth to look and feel your best is discouraging. I can say with the partials no one could tell , when I did talk about it, and it wasn't an issue for them, but it was for me. If you would feel more comfortable with something there, partials might be a good option. Either way , know you are worth a good , kind ,pure love and have alot to give and offer despite your teeth and how you feel about them! :grouphug:

Hi

I am very insecure from myself . I dont got much luck yet with love/Dating. Single for 7 years. In the dating world a lot of peole are focused on Nice teeth or they turn off. I gonna miss 1 or 2 molars in the future. And i cant afford implants costing 2000 euros a tooth. And heard in the USA its even 4000. How you people deal with this issue?

Sorry to read you haven't been too lucky with love so far and I see how this makes you feel insecure - and maybe even wondering whether this will ever change. Reading your post it sounds like there is a direct connection between teeth and success in love for you. It makes me wonder whether you ever had a potential partner making you feel like they turned off because of your teeth. As for missing molars, a potential partner has no chance to notice easily unless you tel them or show them your x-rays. I know many people who miss teeth and their ability to have a relationship is not affected.

Hi Chaosdeal,

there is huge difference between the appearance of someone’s teeth from a talking distance than looking at the teeth from close by with good light. I don’t know you situation but if you are dealing with the loss of your back molars, that might not be a real esthetic issue.
If it is indeed the missing tooth is visible when smiling, there are other solutions which are not expensive and can give you a good esthetic solution.
mad a general rule: a tooth has tow functions: esthetic and/or functional (chewing). There are great solutions that can give only an esthetic solution without the functional one. The cheapest and least convenient is a removable denture and there are also fixed solutions such as Richmond bridge. There are even more solutions, some are made in a dental lab (which makes it more expansive) and others are chair-side solutions (much less expansive). The preferable treatment option depends on the clinical situation and the dentist’s experience and skills.