• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Day 2 after 1st RCT swollen jaw?? :(

A

AngieM

Hey guys

I had some pain in one of my molars on sunday and went to dentist on tuesday, the sneaky swine told me i needed some root treatment and bashed on with numbing me up (i didnt realise he meant RCT lol) he put some antiseptic in it and put a temp filling in place.
I have been in AGONY :( im taking nurofen plus for the pain, however im wondering if i should have antibiotics since i must have had a infection before i went in if i was in pain. I have noticable swelling to my lower jaw this morning, the tooth and the jaw are still very sore too. Is this an infection or just swelling from the injection site? My appointment for the second (and last woo woo) app is next friday.
I know these questions are hard to answer without seeing me, just dont want to harass my dentist if all is ok and i just need to not grin and bear it.
Thanks guys.

Hi AngieM,
sounds like you have had the 1st stage of RCT but not the whole lot completed. If this is the case and you are having 'noticable swelling' then you might have to go and harass you dentist. He will possibly give you a course of antibiotics and may clean the tooth out a little too (flush it with some antiseptic).
Hope that helps,

Thanks David you were right, i popped in today and he has given me 5 days of antibiotics :).
He will finish the procedure next friday. Thanks for your reply.

Ang

Back