• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Day 5 with dentures. When will this pain stop?

B

Bea

Day 5 and although the swelling is going down, I'm still in pain, still not eating properly and still taking painkillers.
When will it stop?
Its getting me down. I popped into local Dentists yesterday just to check there was no infection or dry sockets.
He said all looked fine.
Please help :(

Hi Bea,

sorry to read it's still difficult with dentures after 5 days. I would say getting used to them can take some time. Did your local dentist check the denture as well to see whetrer anything needs to get grind down? We have a thread about dentures in our FAQ and also an article about it in the dental info section, if you haven't taken a look yet.

Hope things improve soon so that you can eat again and get rid of the pain..

Hi Bea,

sorry to read it's still difficult with dentures after 5 days. I would say getting used to them can take some time. Did your local dentist check the denture as well to see whetrer anything needs to get grind down? We have a thread about dentures in our FAQ and also an article about it in the dental info section, if you haven't taken a look yet.

Hope things improve soon so that you can eat again and get rid of the pain..

I don't think it's the dentures, they seem to fit OK.
Its not a soreness, It feels like toothache.

Hi Bea how are you doing now?

A lot better thanks.

Back