• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Decay on xray

T

TheTinyDancer

Hi guys, would any dentist mind looking at my radiographs to see if there is any decay in the UL5, 6 and 7 please? One dentist says no. Another says there is decay in the 5 and 7. A third opinion would be greatly appreciated before undertaking any dental work (which I am terrified of). The pain is primarily around the UL6 but I suspect that is due to clenching. I know there is a pocket between the UL6 and UL7 but I'm scheduled for a clean. I also get sporadic pain in the distal area of UL7 but hygienist feels that could be due to gum disease in the region, however I'm worried there is a cavity in the 7. Thank you very much in advance if you have made it this far in my ramblings!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210218-200153_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20210218-200153_Chrome.jpg
    789.3 KB · Views: 32
Nothing obvious in those x-rays but they can't show if there's decay next to the existing fillings. Nasty pocket though.

Thank you very much @Gordon . Yes the pocket definitely needs a good clean. Got it measured yesterday and it was 5mm although to be honest I was actually expecting it to be worse. The UL6 is actually scheduled for extraction as I do have a fair bit of bother with it (and I'm missing the LL6) but I'm hoping that a clean will maybe help with the pain and if not, at least it's better to have a clean mouth if it does come out. Can I just ask, because I'm a clencher, could I do more damage to the other teeth by removing the UL6 or would the biting force distribution be the same due to the LL6 being extracted (if that makes sense). I'm curious how much force the UL6 is currently taking and worried the 7s will be left with the brunt of the force if the upper 6 goes too.

It won't make any difference regarding the clenching without the first molar.

@Gordon thank you so much as always for your replies. I honestly do wish you were my dentist!!

No you don't, I've not touched a drill for over 3 years now... :)

Back