• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Decayed Molar with root canal

S

Schmeg82

I had a root canal on my very back right molar a couple years ago, the root canal was $1000 which took me a while to pay off at the time, the temporary filling came off eventually and the dentist said it would be $1200 for the crown. I don't have another $1200 and I've let it go, now the tooth is decaying and falling apart, there's almost nothing left but some sharp edges.

It Doesn't bother me but I wanted the dentist to pull it originally because it cost so much and he wouldn't because he said my teeth are going to shift to much without it. So now I have a decaying tooth which im trying to keep clean as well as I can.

I I have no pain, swelling or foul taste in my mouth but I've been getting sinus issues and headaches, I had a bad upper respitory infection ang have been on two rounds of antibiotics. I finally feel better and I know I need to get this situation fixed, what should I do? And is it the tooth making me sick?

Hi, it's very unlikely that the tooth is making you sick.
You should bein by getting the tooth checked, if it really is decaying then it needs some work doing. It may be possible to repair the tooth and preserve it for a while longer.

Back