• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Deep cleaning advised

A

Aditi Banga

Please help me I am 17 year old and I have braces before previously done a gingevectomy but it was a very traumatic experience for me .
I have been advised a deep cleaning now and my anxiety levels are high .
I would request if anybody can help me out with this I would be thankful.

20220516_121601.jpg

@Aditi Banga can't give you any advice but I wish you luck and hope it all goes well 😊

@Aditi Banga I’m sorry to hear that you had a rough time with that gum procedure!

I’ve had a few deep cleanings and they’re nothing to worry about! They’ll probably numb you up but that’s the worst part and it lasts just a second. I didn’t know they were even different from regular cleanings when I first started getting them. I guess the numbing should have been my clue 😉 You’ll do great! When is your cleaning?

In 3 weeks I wish my experience goes better this time.

@Aditi Banga I just had a deep clean first time in my life. I was worried that it would be painful. But the dentist numbs your gum. You barely feel anything. And to get honest, it happened so fast and you can really feel the difference after cleaning.

@Aditi Banga I just had a deep clean first time in my life. I was worried that it would be painful. But the dentist numbs your gum. You barely feel anything. And to get honest, it happened so fast and you can really feel the difference after cleaning.
I hope it gets better actually its very hard to forget my past trauma

Hi @Aditi Banga, have you had a look around our website yet? There are lots of tips, for example, here:

You may also like the sections on common fears and on what can help with overcoming dental fears:

Are you seeing a different dentist now, or the one you had the traumatic experience with? If it's the latter, you might want to change to someone else who has been recommended to you?

@letsconnect thank you so much for this!!
I will be seeing a different dentist now