• Welcome! This is a forum for anyone who is affected by a fear of the dentist, dental phobia, or specific dental fears.

We are lucky to count a number of dentists among our members and moderators. Look out for the "Verified dentist" badges. If you are a dental professional who likes to help, please join our community!

Register now to access many more features and forums!

Deep cleaning and extraction

E

Ellerie

Hello, I will be having a deep cleaning and extraction of a broken wisdom tooth the same day. My gums are swollen due to infection. I am so scared! I have some teeth that feel a little loose and I’m afraid of loosing them that day. Is that possible?? Can I loose teeth that same day of deep cleaning? Also can they do extraction and deep cleaning that same day? I asked for them to sedate me due to my anxiety attacks.

Gordon

Gordon

Administrator
Staff member
Verified dentist
No, you won't lose loose teeth during a cleaning. It's not that easy to take teeth out, even slightly loose ones!

Yes, no problem doing the extraction and cleaning at the same time, makes sense to do it if you're being sedated anyway.

E

erming

Hi, I had a wisdom tooth extraction and deep cleaning on the same day and it was fine. I thought all my teeth were loose but since my deep cleaning my mouth feels better and I feel reassured that my gums are being properly looked after. I was terrified pre dentist visit but it was OK and nothing to worry about

krlovesherkids777

krlovesherkids777

Super Moderator
Staff member
:thumbsup!:Erming,

This is great news things went well and it was nothing to worry about!!!:welldone: