• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Deep Cleaning needed - terrified!

I used to HATE the old scraping method, it was painful, slow and I used to end up with a mouth full of blood - just found it generally very traumatic. I had an ultrasonic/water clean thingy, to deal with periodontal pockets a couple of months ago (another one due this coming week) and it was so different to the experience of years ago. No pain no bleeding !!! and much quicker.

Well I'm all done! had first session on Monday and second session on Wed. SO glad it's all over.! gums are still very tender and teeth are super sensitive - and something else I hadn't considered is my jaw! it still aches from having my mouth open for so long and all the leaning, pressure, etc! haven't had a good wide yawn since! But joking apart, not that pleasant an experience and one that I hope not to have to repeat for a long while.

The up-side is my teeth feel great! ;D

Despite my fear of the dentist - I'm going to "treat" myself to a teeth whitening treatment now!

Pippy
xxx

That's great Pippy! :jump: CONGRATS! I have considered professional teeth whitening but can't bring myself to commit to it. Let us know how that goes!