Deep Filling Or Crown..? Advice Needed ASAP Please.. 😊

L

lleigh26

Hi..

Basically My Dentist Has Said I Can Have A Deep Filling Done Which Will Be Tomorrow & There’s A Chance The Tooth Might Or Might Not Settle.. 🤔 Or For In The Future.. I Can Possibly Have A Crown.. Wouldn’t I Just Be Better Getting A Crown Now So The Tooth Doesnt Crack Under The Filling As Its A Large Filling..?

Thank You xx

letsconnect

letsconnect

Administrator
Staff member
Hi, not sure if your question is answerable by anyone other than a dentist who has actually seen the tooth and the x-rays.

I find the most useful question to ask your dentist when you're unsure about making a decision about your treatment is this: "What would you do if it was your own tooth?" 💡

L

lleigh26

Okies.. Thanks For Your Reply.. I Will Ask Her Tomorrow When I See Her.. 🤞

letsconnect

letsconnect

Administrator
Staff member
Best of luck for tomorrow 🍀 - let us know how you got on!

B

Blondey209

Love to know how you go on this also

L

lleigh26

She Would Only Do A Filling.. I Asked About A Crown & She Said If She Did A Crown Then I Would Need An Extraction In The End Anyway.. Not Too Sure If Thats Correct Because I Thought That A Crown Was To Protect The Tooth & Prevent An Extraction.. xx

B

Blondey209

She Would Only Do A Filling.. I Asked About A Crown & She Said If She Did A Crown Then I Would Need An Extraction In The End Anyway.. Not Too Sure If Thats Correct Because I Thought That A Crown Was To Protect The Tooth & Prevent An Extraction.. xx
Oh gosh that is scary as im getting a crown in 2 months to prevent losing the tooth 😓😢

L

lleigh26

Sorry I Didn’t Mean To Scare You.. That’s Just What She Said.. Maybe Other Dentists On Here Can Help..? They Are Normally Very Good With Advice.. 😊 xx

letsconnect

letsconnect

Administrator
Staff member
I can move this into the "Ask a Dentist" section to get a more accurate and reliable answer if you like?

B

Blondey209

Sorry I Didn’t Mean To Scare You.. That’s Just What She Said.. Maybe Other Dentists On Here Can Help..? They Are Normally Very Good With Advice.. 😊 xx
Aw no your ok im just anxious and terrified to lose this tooth but im prob making myself stress out

L

lleigh26

Aw no your ok im just anxious and terrified to lose this tooth but im prob making myself stress out

I Understand Completely.. I Have Anxiety About The Same Things.. xx

B

Blondey209

I Understand Completely.. I Have Anxiety About The Same Things.. xx
:XXLhug: aw thank you. I have a couple deep fillings and im just so scared for the future of them.. ive lost 2 molars already . And the idea of implants is also quiet scary . Ah anyways thanks for being so kind hope ur ok xx

L

lleigh26

:XXLhug: aw thank you. I have a couple deep fillings and im just so scared for the future of them.. ive lost 2 molars already . And the idea of implants is also quiet scary . Ah anyways thanks for being so kind hope ur ok xx

No Worries.. I’m Just The Same.. & I’m Up & Down Atm But Thank You.. xx