• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Deep Filling Or Crown..? Advice Needed ASAP Please.. ?

L

lleigh26

Hi..

Basically My Dentist Has Said I Can Have A Deep Filling Done Which Will Be Tomorrow & There’s A Chance The Tooth Might Or Might Not Settle.. ? Or For In The Future.. I Can Possibly Have A Crown.. Wouldn’t I Just Be Better Getting A Crown Now So The Tooth Doesnt Crack Under The Filling As Its A Large Filling..?

Thank You xx

Hi, not sure if your question is answerable by anyone other than a dentist who has actually seen the tooth and the x-rays.

I find the most useful question to ask your dentist when you're unsure about making a decision about your treatment is this: "What would you do if it was your own tooth?" ?

Okies.. Thanks For Your Reply.. I Will Ask Her Tomorrow When I See Her.. ?

Best of luck for tomorrow ? - let us know how you got on!

Love to know how you go on this also

She Would Only Do A Filling.. I Asked About A Crown & She Said If She Did A Crown Then I Would Need An Extraction In The End Anyway.. Not Too Sure If Thats Correct Because I Thought That A Crown Was To Protect The Tooth & Prevent An Extraction.. xx

She Would Only Do A Filling.. I Asked About A Crown & She Said If She Did A Crown Then I Would Need An Extraction In The End Anyway.. Not Too Sure If Thats Correct Because I Thought That A Crown Was To Protect The Tooth & Prevent An Extraction.. xx
Oh gosh that is scary as im getting a crown in 2 months to prevent losing the tooth ??

Sorry I Didn’t Mean To Scare You.. That’s Just What She Said.. Maybe Other Dentists On Here Can Help..? They Are Normally Very Good With Advice.. ? xx

I can move this into the "Ask a Dentist" section to get a more accurate and reliable answer if you like?

Sorry I Didn’t Mean To Scare You.. That’s Just What She Said.. Maybe Other Dentists On Here Can Help..? They Are Normally Very Good With Advice.. ? xx
Aw no your ok im just anxious and terrified to lose this tooth but im prob making myself stress out

Aw no your ok im just anxious and terrified to lose this tooth but im prob making myself stress out

I Understand Completely.. I Have Anxiety About The Same Things.. xx

I Understand Completely.. I Have Anxiety About The Same Things.. xx
:XXLhug: aw thank you. I have a couple deep fillings and im just so scared for the future of them.. ive lost 2 molars already . And the idea of implants is also quiet scary . Ah anyways thanks for being so kind hope ur ok xx

:XXLhug: aw thank you. I have a couple deep fillings and im just so scared for the future of them.. ive lost 2 molars already . And the idea of implants is also quiet scary . Ah anyways thanks for being so kind hope ur ok xx

No Worries.. I’m Just The Same.. & I’m Up & Down Atm But Thank You.. xx

Back