• Welcome! This is a forum for anyone who is affected by a fear of the dentist, dental phobia, or specific dental fears.

We are lucky to count a number of dentists among our members and moderators. Look out for the "Verified dentist" badges. If you are a dental professional who likes to help, please join our community!

Register now to access many more features and forums!

Dental Anxiety Article in Scottish Dental Magazine and Ireland's Dental Magazine

letsconnect

letsconnect

Administrator
Staff member
@Enarete you mentioned that devices like the Dental Button may invalidate the guarantee of dental equipment (in some countries at least) - Niall was kind enough to let me know the model of dog clicker he uses, in case you're interested: Dog clicker - How to Train Your Dentist

:grin:

Enarete

Enarete

Super Moderator
Staff member
@Enarete you mentioned that devices like the Dental Button may invalidate the guarantee of dental equipment (in some countries at least) - Niall was kind enough to let me know the model of dog clicker he uses, in case you're interested: Dog clicker - How to Train Your Dentist

:grin:
How to train your dentist :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Thank you for the input, as Niall pointed out, not too glamorous but a good option. I guess I would still prefer to call it dental button rather then dog clicker when dealing with patients :grin:
Also love the 8-year update on dental button from Lincoln.

krlovesherkids777

krlovesherkids777

Super Moderator
Staff member
I just saw something on twitter about a Bee shaped device to put over the anesthetic for kids. Not exactly the most non scary thing to put over. I know some say , it will just sting like a bee sting for a few seconds.. umm. thats enough to make me jump out of the chair. I'm thinking seeing a bee coming for my mouth isn't the most reassuring , though it looks like a friendly bee and maybe a needle but a nice bear or cat or friendly monkey?

Enarete

Enarete

Super Moderator
Staff member
This is absolutely awesome and so exciting! Love the look of the page! :cheer::cheer::cheer: