• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

dental bridge question

O

ozbod1

hi guys im looking for some advice, i have quite a large bridge fitted 8 in total im not sure if its in 2 pieces? anyway i lost 2 front teeth in a accident and already had 1 missing just to the side so had it all done in one go, i have had it for over 10 years and its been great, i look after my teeth and visit the dentist every 6 months without fail! my problem is a few months ago i got some pain so i went to my nhs dentist and it tiurns out that i have a very small hole in a tooth that ha been shaved for the bridge to fit.
my dentist cannot get to it fill it and she doesnt want to remove the bridge{which i fully understand} she advised me to use sensitive toothpaste and mouthwash and it has been fine since, but obviously im worried that the hole will get bigger or the pain will return? what am i best doing? my dentist sais it is risky to remove the bridge as it may fracture again i fully understand..is there anything i can do, worst case if i have to have the bridge removed and have the tooth filled will i need a new bridge and is this possible under the nhs? many thanks i advance...

Since your dentist has seen it and I haven't then I'd be inclined to say to do what your dentist said :)

It's very hard to remove a big bridge like that without damaging it.

Bridges are theoretically possible under the NHS. So a replacement may be possible.

thanks gordon thats a great help i was just worried about the hole getting bigger and ending up worse or having no front teeth etc...thanks

Back