• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Dental Bridge

S

SamN

Can you have a dental bridge for two missing front teeth? I have a partial at the moment and hate it! I hate the idea of having metal drilled into my bone and how much it would cost to have it done! I have very healthy teeth/gums, no fillings. I had my front teeth removed due to a trauma as a child. Thanks

Options:
1. 2 implants and 2 crowns- most likely need bone grafting and maybe gum graft- must be well done

2. conventional bridge where adjacent teeth are reduced and then restored with joined crowns-typically adjacent teeth are too weak and must go to canines(13+23, 6 +11) so 4 teeth are prepped to replace 2.

3.Resin bonded bridge from 6-11,(13-23) also known as Maryland bridge. Few dentists have experience with this and it is technique sensitive but preparation is so little that no anesthesia is needed.

Back