• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Dental Fear and Bulimia

H

Hyacynthe

Hi all,

I have been up and down struggling with Bulimia for 25 years. I have had lots of cavities and a few root canals. I have a dentist appointment in 4 days and think I can see a cavity. I also have a filling in my front tooth that looks a little off. I have some pain but I think it’s sensitivities. I am so phobic of going. I don’t mind the pain or the procedure, it’s the shame. I feel so ashamed. Plus the money. My husband lost his job and got a new one at half his salary and we just don’t have the money to be forking over hundreds of dollars. I’m so scared!!!!!

Hi @Hyacynthe, sorry to see that you haven't had any replies yet! Is your appointment tomorrow? If so, the very best of luck with it :hug4::clover:! You really shouldn't feel ashamed, any dentist who works with nervous patients will know what bulimia can do to teeth, and should be happy to help you rather than think badly of you in any way. Is this a new dentist you're seeing, or someone you've met before?

Please let us know how it goes :grouphug:

Back