• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Dental fillings and healthy pregnancy?

M

MamaTeeth

Hello there,
I am scared of dental fillings due to unknown toxicity of Composite fillings. I want to have another baby but now I have 11 fillings and I don't want the plastic resins to effect my pregnancy, or cause birth defects. Do you know or anyone you know have many composite fillings and healthy babies?
I know it may seem to most like an irrational correlation, but to me it feels terrifying. I am so jealous of people with no fillings and I wish I had not gotten so many fillings in my 20's as I feel like many of them were unnecessary and I could have instead worked on my diet, with the information I now know about Weston Price's research.

Weston Price died 70 years ago and he did no scientific research. He is one of the original proponents of advocating a few good things mixed in with pure obscene ideas relating to dangerous and unhealthy ideas.
If you want to be healthy you need to eliminate the cut and paste approach to thinking.

"comfortdentist", I find Weston Price's research fascinating. Not sure what you mean by "cut and paste" thinking. He found that native people eating their traditional diets had little to no tooth decay, but once they were introduced to processed foods, their teeth began rapidly decaying. There is a lot we can learn and consider from these observations.
With very small cavities, there is possibility off remineralization with dietary changes. Conventional dentistry often doesn't want to recognize this truth.
Anyway, my post was less about Weston Price, than my own fears involving the toxicity of dentistry, which are very valid considering the presence of BPA in composite fillings, and who knows what else? Ingredient lists are often not readily available.
I'm not looking for a discussion about the validity of Weston Price, or some criticism of my style thinking.

Rather, I was hoping to find some comfort and validation for a fear I am expressing, maybe from other mothers with lots of fillings and subsequent healthy pregnancies.

To explain what I mean by cut and paste is where someone takes out a few statements from here and there that may all be true then tries to tie them all in to each other and finally draw conclusions that are falsely based.
This is exactly what Price and others like him have done.
As to BPA in composites I can understand your dislike of that material. The exposure is at its highest when placed. Personally the material I regularly use is BPA free. Activa by Pulpdent.

My mouth is full of fillings and crowns in 25 I started Having dental issues whenever I got my permanent teeth in...Which means I've had my fillings and my crowns for a very long time I had a baby when I turned 21 he was very healthy

Back