• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Dental Implants.

T

Travie87

Hello Y'all. I wonder why implants are all the rage by dentists these days? I for one can't drop $40-$50 K on implants. Why try to ram the idea of getting implants to those who obviosly can't afford implants.

If you have one tooth or only a few teeth that needs replacement, the price is much lower than what you mentioned. You can compare the price with what you would pay to have a bridge instead, but would need to take in account that would need to replace the bridge a few times in the period an implant would last.

If you have one tooth or only a few teeth that needs replacement, the price is much lower than what you mentioned. You can compare the price with what you would pay to have a bridge instead, but would need to take in account that would need to replace the bridge a few times in the period an implant would last.
See I would need a implant for all 32 teeth.

I'm on Delta Dental Smile. Aka State Medicaid. Ain't no way they will pay for that.

Well I think most people save their money plus get financing in order to get this. I don't know how it works in the states, but in Canada we also get a tax credit for medical expenses when it's a large amount.

Well I think most people save their money plus get financing in order to get this. I don't know how it works in the states, but in Canada we also get a tax credit for medical expenses when it's a large amount.
How much does a mouth full of implants cost up in Canada?

How much does a mouth full of implants cost up in Canada?

This may vary regarding where you go. The best idea would be to ask your dentist, he/she will know the best. If all teeth need to get replaced, the usual way is to place some implants in the upper and some inn the lower arch, and then do an overdenture or a bridge anchored by the implants. That will provide you with a mouth full of teeth.

I can't afford implants thats why I am getting dentures.

I think it depends on the region in which you live in the States. I live in a lower socioeconomic area, where many people can't even afford dental care, let alone implants. My dentist asks if you are interested in implants, then gives the other options. I have spoken to quite a few people who said they were given all the options, and implants were included but not mentioned first.
When we had previously lived in an area where the average income was higher, implants and cosmetic dentistry was pushed pretty hard. I got tired of my dentist there pushing me to get my teeth whitened.

I think it depends on the region in which you live in the States. I live in a lower socioeconomic area, where many people can't even afford dental care, let alone implants. My dentist asks if you are interested in implants, then gives the other options. I have spoken to quite a few people who said they were given all the options, and implants were included but not mentioned first.
When we had previously lived in an area where the average income was higher, implants and cosmetic dentistry was pushed pretty hard. I got tired of my dentist there pushing me to get my teeth whitened.
I know the thought of Me getting implants scares the crap out of Me.

I know the thought of Me getting implants scares the crap out of Me.

I had one done about a month ago. I just had the post put in. I haven't had the crown done yet.

I just had one implant lower on Tuesday and it was much easier than expected. 3 days later, I am nearly pain free and the procedure itself wasn't nearly as scary as I imagined.

I just had one implant lower on Tuesday and it was much easier than expected. 3 days later, I am nearly pain free and the procedure itself wasn't nearly as scary as I imagined.
Oh wow.

It's fine to get dentures. You can still get implants if it gets less scary and more affordable for you somewhere in the future..

Back