• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Dental phobia and full denchers at 24

Z

zoeb

I need help I have dental phobia. My dentist says i need all my teeth out in hospital under general anisetic which I am very nervousabout, Im only 24 which worries me :shame:. I went to my dentist a few weeks ago with a huge absess and was told that he cannot refer me to guys or kings collage hospital because they are out of his area :mad:, im not sure weather to belive him on this, so he left me trying to get myself into hospital for treatment which i dont think is acceptable. Kings collage has lost the letter i sent them and don't understand why im going to them. i ended up in a&e with this absess the pills i recived took it away for a week and now its back im in lot of pain and totally at a loss as what to do about treatment and the more i think about it the more im getting scared and angry, my dentist will not help me:cry:. could you please give me some advise as to what to do. i have asked people for help but they just send me round in circles.

I went to hospital last year with a infection.Left face was very swollen & eye almost swelled shut.They just gave me vicoden,wrote antibiotic script,& dismissed me.Nurse told me I should go to a open clinic.I guess only way you can get teeth pulled at hospitals is written referal by dentist or arriving in a stretcher close to death.Ill be 24 in 2 weeks.I need to get all mine pulled & dentures too.
Sorry my post didn't help much

Hello and :welcome: to you both.

This is traumatic news for both of you, especially as you are both so young. You would need a referral from the dentist for hospital extractions, they won't do it on the basis of a letter from yourself. What I would suggest is that both of you get a second opinion, and if necessary a third. You are very young for this to be done, and without knowing the in's and outs of the reasons, you need to make sure that this really is the only way to go.

I hope you get the help that you need, and that the outcome is the best for you that it possibly could be.

Take care both of you.

Kim

Twich it may not hae help situation but at least i know i not only one out there at our age thank you i feel quite relived i not alone.Goo luck and take care.

Thank you kim, finally someone who cares i will find another dentist and see what they say.
oh i could cry, i can't thank you enough. i might get somewhere. :)

Have a look on the find a dentist section on here there may be a dentist that you could go and see. I would want to know why all my teeth need to be taken out. Is there any chance that some of them could be saved.

I hope you find a dentist soon, not the one you saw before. Be really sure you understand why the teeth need removing before you let them take them out. As Kim says get a second and third opinion if necessary.

Good luck :clover::clover::clover: Let us know how you get on. :XXLhug::XXLhug::XXLhug::XXLhug::XXLhug::XXLhug::XXLhug:

I'm so sorry you both are going through this. I'm not in the UK so can't advice that way but I wanted to give my support. I'm 28 and just had all my teeth out last week in prep for dentures. :XXLhug::XXLhug:

Hi again Zoeb

I am not surprised you could cry - this is not just one tooth we are talking about here. This is a real big thing, so another suggestion is to write down all the questions that will be popping up in your head about all of this as you go along, as no doubt whatever questions you may have, they will fly out of the window once you see someone else.

Be strong hunni, and make sure you get all the answers that you need before going ahead with any treatment.

Let us know how you go.

Kim

I just wanted to et everyone know that i finally have got a appointment at kings collage hosptial:jump:, i am so nervous but i hope it gose the way i would like.

thank you to you all for your possitve comments :XXLhug: you really have helped.

my appointment is 17th october will let you know how it gose.

xx